tomzpc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend the controllable tunze stream pumps but they are expensive so I don't know what you consider going overboard. Two 6000's with a multicontroller will run you close to $800 or you could go with two 6100's for just about $100 more, but I'm not sure if you need that much flow, especially if you aren't going all sps. You could also go for a pair of 6060's or 6080's for much less but they aren't controllable.

Last edited:

deelucky

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
yo tune hold on before you get a tunze so i could let you know about hte koralia hydor pumps i ordered 2 for my 90 and there price are low.so far i heard good things about them but ill let you know first hand when they get here next week.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
There are so many cheap variations of streams. maximod, seio, vortech etc etc. So far I have not encountered a single one that even matches the controllable streams. Everytime something new comes out I end up buying it and I always go back to the streams!!! Tunze is worth every penny.

That does not mean that the other pumps are worthless tho, just inferior to the Tunze :D

neptune

Rating - 94.2%
65   4   0
ok now i have 2 1100 seios and 1 620 seio in my 90 gal is that enough flow for sps? and my return is mag-950 gph it kicks ass.believe it or not
i have to fix a part on my quitone 4000 ....its more flow 1400 gph

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
if you can't swing the price tag of two controllable tunzes try a controllable tunze on one side and a non controllable tunze on the other side..

the pulse of the controllable stream colliding w/ the other always on stream really creates a nice random flow. That's what i do...

I have a 6000 w/ controller on one side (about $300 i think, cant remember) and a 6045 on the other side ($96) both aimed at the front center glass. Things are really kickin now. :)

efisher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze is the way to go. I hate to say it because you are paying i would guess around 800 now. back when i got mine it was around 600 and i still cant believe i spent that much on powerheads.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: