Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2019, 01:58 AM
Reefer Ratings: (1 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Tank and plumbing?

Need to replace a hose to one over flow. I have valves to each over flow feed. Can I valve off one over flow while return pump is running. Any dangers with doing this?

Left valve serves left over flow and will stay open. Middle valve serves right over flow and I need to close this valve to swap out hose. Third valve is closed for now but serves a reactor.

It’s a dual overflow 120 gallon.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2019, 06:09 PM
Reefer Ratings: (30 (100%)
Friends: (5)
Send a Private Message
Each 1" pipe can handle quite a bit of water, all you'll be doing is restricting the flow out of your pump and slowing flow down at most. Not a big deal, but I think what will happen is all the water will continue to flow at the same rate, out the single pipe, so it will really come out twice as fast causing a splash. So turn down the working pipe before you cut off the one you need to replace. You'll also need to protect your reactor, by turning that down.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:57 AM
Send a Private Message
Thanks for your reply.

Old 06-02-2019, 05:45 PM
Send a Private Message
Thanks to Allen and Reef Trends, hard plumbed my tank to sump instead of flex tubing which i no longer wanted.

Good job good price

Thanks

Old 06-02-2019, 05:48 PM
Send a Private Message
clean!