Bulldog5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Thinking about doing triton method for my 300 gallon build. Anyone here using it or did use it and got away from it and why?? I always put off water changes due to life happening so thinking about this cause no water changes.. please let me here about peoples thought and experiences

inked

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Have you switched over to their 2 part system? I am getting close to running out of the 3 part and haven't heard much about it.

look into ATI Essentials. Similar concept, much less to buy and not as strict. I'm having decent results with LPS and softies less than a year in and I complete water changes only when I feel like it.

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Have you switched over to their 2 part system? I am getting close to running out of the 3 part and haven't heard much about it.
Im switching over to the 2 part this week.

Interested in the 3 part? Brand new bottles.
I need the extra head on my doser.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I used but i was using the other methods being i didnt have a refugium at the time it worked for me but problem was they switched over to the milk cartons which most of the time were leaking then they switched again this time 1a and 1b come in liquid form ready to use but 3a and 3b come in powder so u have to mix them wiht ro water thats when i went bk to 2 part i still do no water changes unless i really have to i have a refugium with a kessil h380 light and a ton marine pure media so far so good last water chnage i did was about 2 months ago

Bulldog5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I used but i was using the other methods being i didnt have a refugium at the time it worked for me but problem was they switched over to the milk cartons which most of the time were leaking then they switched again this time 1a and 1b come in liquid form ready to use but 3a and 3b come in powder so u have to mix them wiht ro water thats when i went bk to 2 part i still do no water changes unless i really have to i have a refugium with a kessil h380 light and a ton marine pure media so far so good last water chnage i did was about 2 months ago

Thanks for ur input. I read a lot about how they were leaking all over the place. I?m planning on running a 40 gallon breeder before my sump not only for my plans for the triton method. But also for tons of pods cause I love my green mandarin

NYCEnglish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I've been using Triton for the past 18-24 months. My tank has never looked better and LPS and SPS growth and health have been much better than my expectations. And no water changes except to top up salinity after the odd skimmer overflow.

I highly recommend it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: