Status
Not open for further replies.

aquasteve

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have been on many forums over the years where vendors had to post prices along with the fish for sale. I believe this is a good practice because it prevents new people to the hobby from being taken advantage of once their inexperience is exposed. Would it be possible to adopt new selling procedures on the forum? I think it would contribute to the integrity. Thank you.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
What vendors decide to do is up to them. Some don't want to post price because other places can match their prices, or even beat them, so it can and does work against them to do so. Then again some vendors don't even list prices on their tanks, but once again that is up to them.

As for inexperience people being taken advantage, there are plenty of places where people can look up prices, LA being one, which I'm sure a lot of people look up prices before they buy. And I'm not sure listing prices will contribute to the integrity, as prices change all the time as they're impacted by different times of the year, different areas of collection, available of the fish and size all of which can have an impact on the cost, so you can't always compare prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: