SYNE89

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I'm located in Queens considering going solar. I haven't done much research yet. Looking on purchasing the panels or financing looking for any valuable suggestions. With helpful information and experiences on other people that already own solar panels or have done the research already.. all info appreciated thanks

Last edited:

cono

Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
I did a lot of homework it only somewhat pays if you buy the panels ...the thing that I seen and figured out it will reduce my bill by about 80% and in the long run it will take you about 10 to 15 years to see the real benefit of them.
the way I lowered my bill just slightly is use all led bulbs in your home light fixtures and in the summer months switch to a mini split ac ( Dakin brand a work horse ) and switch all your pumps to dc

Last edited:

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I don't personally have but my parents lease them. Basically have a monthly charge that was about 80% of their average monthly electric bill from the 12 months prior to install. The downside of leasing over financing is you keep paying after the panels would have been paid off. The plus side is the lease company is responsible for maintaining the panels and of there are any issues they come to fix the issues for free.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
O and another thing, doing straight grid tie in makes it so when the power is out in the grid the power from the panels is sent into the ground rather than your house so they don't risk shocking anyone working on the power lines. You would need some sort of manual or automatic transfer switch to get power from the panels during power outages.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: