nyshoots

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
This is a weird one.....

Today I noticed this tiny, very blue, pebble sized, thing on my sand bed. I figured either my kids got something in the tank or came with the sand and I was just seeing it. I used a long pair of tweezers to get it out and then grabbed it between my thumb and forefinger at Wich point the blue color stained my fingers and it started to burn almost immediately. I dropped it and went to wash my hand and it the burning went away after a few minutes but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. It's really small, the blue color rubs off really easy, and it's got some hair and crap stuck to it from being in the floor as you can see.

Anyone want to guess ?
3c24bce4a148f52596c942a57c7311ae.jpg
4b9a440caf816b6f12b63e56ceb2562a.jpg
d80b9020a50cd0af8c9d98267d73575f.jpg

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Interesting. Any chance you can put it in a small amount of rodi water then check the pH of the water? I'm assuming the burn feeling would have been from a chemical burn rather than a temp but not sure if it's acidic or basic. rodi should have a pH close to 7.00 so deviations from that would help differentiate.

nyshoots

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Interesting. Any chance you can put it in a small amount of rodi water then check the pH of the water? I'm assuming the burn feeling would have been from a chemical burn rather than a temp but not sure if it's acidic or basic. rodi should have a pH close to 7.00 so deviations from that would help differentiate.
I didn't save it after I took the picture... I wish I had

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: