Eddie2ooo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Had an emergency this morning, when I realized that my timer for the Alk dosing pump malfunctioned and kept adding more and more alk to the tank. I realized this when noticed that the water wasn?t as clear, I checked the pH and noticed that it was up to 8.8 from its normal state of 8.3. I shut everything off and started dumping water out (at this point it was the color of skim milk). I have a 24g AIO tank. I changed 5g of water it didn?t help at all. Went to petco and bought 10 more gallons of water. Changed it.checked parameters and here is where I am now: ALK 10.4 and Ca at 330. Prior to this (earlier this morning), parameters were ALK 7.3 and Ca at 420. Water now is slowly clearing up and looks like all life in the tank is doing ok. My clown looks a bit stressed but nothing crazy. All of my corals (hammer, candy cane a few blustas, dunkan, xenias and a few mushrooms) are almost completely open.

Any ideas on what to do next?
Not sure if I should wait until all Calc paricipitates and settles down and then dose with Ca? Obviously I will not be dosing any ALK of a few days..

Eddie2ooo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Just ran another test, both KH and ALK have slightly dropped. The new readings are KH 9.5 Ca 310.
I am restarting to do Ca again to dry to bring it back to normal. Skipping a few days of ALK.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: