STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Wondering if anyone has experience with them? I love the way they look and the color combo appeals to me. My only concern is that they are in the acan family and I?ve had experience with acans losing their colors under leds and becoming a pale maroon or pale greenish blue. While others I?ve had actually got better colors under leds. I?d be putting them in one of two tanks. One I run radions and t5 and the other only radions. Any input is appreciated.

sabellafella

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Wondering if anyone has experience with them? I love the way they look and the color combo appeals to me. My only concern is that they are in the acan family and I?ve had experience with acans losing their colors under leds and becoming a pale maroon or pale greenish blue. While others I?ve had actually got better colors under leds. I?d be putting them in one of two tanks. One I run radions and t5 and the other only radions. Any input is appreciated.
Hey man, doesnt change color whatsoever. It's one of the few acans that keep their color. The only color change I've seen is the yellow/red will get duller or brighter. Otherwise the piece is spectacular!

sabellafella

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Also where do u keep them in the tank? And what kind of flow are they getting? Do feed them and how often?

Ati t5 and reefbrite xhos. Think 160 par at the moment but a bit shaded, pretty low pulsing flow, feed them as much as I can remember too. Prob twice every 3 weeks, with acans- they should be fed in the beginning until they take off. Then usually I'll stop feeding them

sabellafella

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Heres a photo I just snapped quick

Attachments

• IMG_20190815_183053_435.jpg
    IMG_20190815_183053_435.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 124

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Like this

Yours are beautiful and I know internet pictures are always juiced. But I was hoping them to look more like this. Were yours ever like this and changed or is coloration like this an unrealistic expectation? I have seen a colony in person and remember them looking closer to this image but that could be my memory being rosier than reality.

Attachments

• 17C09F9B-7B62-4069-A353-62DDFBB70C96.jpg
    17C09F9B-7B62-4069-A353-62DDFBB70C96.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 105

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: