Rating - 100%
98   0   0
So here's an interesting problem, I have a few of these guys, which are eating new life spectrum (the tiny 1mm pellets). I trained them in a isolation box and have then released them. Now the pellets just disappear into the gravel (5mm crushed coral) bed, and I think the fish are finding just a few of the pellets, with the rest going to waste (specifically worms must be salvaging them.) I'm using gravel for anchoring my ricordia. Does this mean these little fish would be better suited for sand or bare bottom and gravel is actually not a good substrate. I also went with gravel to support my amphipod population. Ideas or solutions?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Any way u can put a small plastic tray or similar in there to put the pellets on? Maybe something curved so they stay on there instead of blowing off in the current.

If they were eating good before u put them in then I wouldn't be too concerned..they'll find food. And if the tank is well established and u have a good clean up crew then a few pellets aren't gonna go to waste.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: