piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just so disappointed in hobby right now. I used to go to few LFS see what's new and add something to my tanks. Now there no LFS near me. Seems the only places are in LI. I don't mind if a store has a nice variety but it stinks when you go and nothing there. Not worth the drive and tolls. I guess I'm just venting. Online is only good buying dry goods. Pretty sad Petco is the best near me. Only one LFS I would go to is in the Bronx that's TRS. Otherwise the hobby is dead. What happen to this hobby?

Last edited:

islandreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just so disappointed in hobby right now. I used to go to few LFS see what's new and add something to my tanks. Now there no LFS near me. Seems the only places are in LI. I don't mind if a store has a nice variety but it stinks when you go and nothing there. Not worth the drive and tolls. I guess I'm just venting. Online is only good buying dry goods. Pretty sad Petco is the best near me. Only one LFS I would go to is in the Bronx that's TRS. Otherwise the hobby is dead. What happen to this hobby?

I recommend Salgado aquatics in the bronx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Pat, I've seen you once or twice at the Reef Shoppe, not liking the place any longer?

Warren, I think it?s a hit or miss. I was there a month ago pick up a nice bellus. Really healthy and eating pellets next day. His prices are still best around. I like Anthony and Ivan and the boys there. Sunday usually shipment comes in. Most of good fish are gone by then.

TonyReef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
It's not next door, but try Iconic Aquarium. I went yesterday and the place is awesome.

My only real complaint was that he has so much grow out stuff I wanted to buy that I couldn't. That and the front glass of tanks was filthy. But corals/fish were perfect.

FishyKat

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the feeling. there was a time I'd used to go into a random LFS and come up with a nice Zoa or other coral.

Seems like it's been a year since I came home with anything. nothing grabbed me anymore

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Manhattan Aquariums get a lot of nice things from their sister Unique Corals.

They always have a nice selection of zoas and colorful LPS and Acros.

Also if you want to shop online on UC, they can deliver it at MA and it is free... I ordered a 5" Maxima clam, had it ready 3 days later. Beautiful, healthy, and growing fast. (had had terrible "luck" with the smaller ones from LiveAquaria before)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: