Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Hi everyone..I need a new refugium light the one I had is on it's way out .I'm tired of ordering new grow led from ebay .they sont last for me ...I was thinking maybe a kessil h380 or the 180 ..I'm open to other options also .what's everyone using ? My fugium is 20x20x18 ..just growing some cheato in it .

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I use the Light of America bulb that Home Depot sells. I think it's around 40 watts and it grows cheato and other plant algae pretty good, it also last a real long time, as I run it 24/7 and don't have to change it for a couple of years at a time. I have it on a 29gal sump, and I get good coverage with it basically right on top of the tank, probably get better, or more, if I hung it above.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
What light did u have before the kessil 380 ?I'm supprised the kessil isn't good .. I cant but another ebay led grow light they never last

Don’t get me wrong it works. I haven’t had it long enough to give an honest review. Also tank is new so might also be why Cheeto is growing and not exploding. It was a Mars LED. I’ll give it to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Don’t get me wrong it works. I haven’t had it long enough to give an honest review. Also tank is new so might also be why Cheeto is growing and not exploding. It was a Mars LED. I’ll give it to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks joe u dont have to ..I may get a kessil like u got u know I love kessil .....I do remeber hearing about Mars grow lights before

Jamesmost

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Using Kessel h80, but....
My Amazon grow light $25 in a clamp lamp grew chaeto like crazy...

I actually just changed the spectrum the other day...

Run it for 15 hours daily

Reef_Paddy

Always Thinkering
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I had a HD clip on light with a CFL bulb which worked well. Changed to a Kessil H380 and growth stopped for a few weeks then growth exploded. My fuge is a 20Gallon long and it fills up every 6 weeks. (DT is a 75G)

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Wow pretty cool light never seen that before ..how big is ur fuge ?does it give decent light of ?is 1 bright enough for a 16x16 x16 fuge ?
so Charlie my fuge is 21x9x15. water level only about 10 though. and it fills completely with chaeto like stuffed. no tumbling needed. I think the light could handle another 7" in width. try 1 at first, 2 if growth isn't at its max

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: