jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
SO I WAS SET ON GETTING A CALCIUM REACTOR FOR MY REEFER 750XXL THIS WILL BE A SPS DOMINANT TANK BUT THE MORE AND MORE I KEEP REASEARCHING SEEMS COMPLICATED COMPARED TO 2 PART AND THE UPFRONT COST IS WAY MORE THAN I ANTICIPATED ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME KNOWS THAT I BUY NOTHING BUT THE BEST GEAR MY QUESTION WOULD BE CAN I GET AWAY WITH 2 PART INSTEAD THE TANK IS NOT SET UP YET ITS COLLECTING DUST IN MY LIVING ROOM FOR THE PAST MONTH AS I DO NOT KOW WHAT 2 DO YET

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Dose for the first 6 months till corals start to grow and suck up between 40 and 60mls a day. Then switch to a calcium reactor. You have time. It is not complicated at all. Initial cost will be high but it’s cheaper in the long run

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I'm still trying to find room for a calcium reactor. My tank consumes over 350ml of each a day. Its being a pain in the arse mixing up a few gallons of brs 2 part every month.

Czynot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I agree. no need calcium reactor yet. save your money now and look into calcium reactor next year. your 750xxl with small frags. you wont even need to do for 2-3months. PM me if you need help dialing it in.

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
100% Calcium reactor. I still have my doser hooked up when my 400 was packed at times needed a little boost of ALK but minimal to the above comments of 300ml a day comments. Especially now with having the trident hooked up and dialed in - when I need a touch of ALK I can monitor and add as needed a slow drip. I almost never have to add any cal. You are better holding off and getting a better system that is a little over rated for your system than under. It is always easier to dial it back than not having enough. Also spend the extra on the regulator. That is in my opinion the most important part and where you do not want the failure. Carbon Doser all the way. I have one on each system it is all I will run.

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I was thikkng goin with the geo cr618 along with the cr415 as a secondary chamber electronic carbon doser kamoer perilistic pump and a 10lb co 2 tank as far as media reborn and remag is this a good choice?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: