meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
House of Fish was demonstrating one of these aquariums at the frag swap. It really is a beautifull looking aquarium.

It seems to me that cleaning both sides of the glass shouldn't be a problem, just use two "inside halves" of a magfloat.

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
i studied the zeroedge website, and they claim that they've got the evaporation "problem" fixed - that in fact, evaporation is not much more than an regular aquarium - and i would imagine it has a lot to do with surface tension...

also, saltcreep is probably less than in a typical aquarium, since saltcreep is caused by evaporation when there is water splashed and then the water evaporates but leaves the salt. they say that the only time saltcreep is an issue is when you let the water levels drop too low, which makes sense - so if you can set up an automatic top-off, salt creep should be much less than in a typical tank.

on the other hand, keeping folks (particularly very young ones) from touching the tank is a problem. House of fish had this tank at the swap - it was indeed hot, looked GREAT. it was displayed low for top-down viewing - i am wondering whether they'll make one that is higher up - then it will be less of a tease for folks to touch maybe?

then again, maybe not.

zeroedge

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo Brian,
Randy from Pratt. Long time how are you? Hope you enjoy MR.

RD

Heya Randy!!!

Yeah it's been way too long...anyway I'm back and as you can see working for ZeroEdge Aquarium. Tried to make it to frag swap, but couldn't find a boat to bring me in from Jersey. Hope we run into each other soon. I'll be at Aquarium-U in Atlanta in 2 weeks.

zeroedge

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most common questions regarding the Zeroedge Aquarium deal with evaporation, salt creep, cleaning and touching.

Evaporation and salt creep were major problems when ZeroEdge first came to market about 4 years ago. But since then the problems have been worked out. Today, evaporation ranges from 1/2 gallon to about a gallon, depending on lighting and size of the aquarium. It's really a non-issue, especially when most reefers have dosers, dosing pumps, etc..

Salt creep is going to occur on any salt water tank. Most salt creep build-up occurs from very small air bubbles that fizz and pop at the waters surface. The splashing and surface agitation from the return adds to this. The design of the ZeroEdge makes it virtually impossible for salt creep to occur. These tanks have little or no salt creep due to the steady stream of overflowing water and gentle channeling of water to the sump filter box. Of course you will have salt creep in your sump, jsut as any other tank.

As far as cleaning goes, all tanks have to be cleaned. With this tank, yes you may want to clean both sides with a acyrlic safe pad. But nothing is cooler than having snails help you clean the outside of your tank!!! That's not possible with a regular tank.

Don't touch the tank!! LOL! It's a riot, it's gonna happen. The glass like appearance of a ZeroEdge invites people to touch..they just can't bellieve what they see. It comes with owning an ultra-cool tank!!!

scumonkey

Goniopora isn't VD!
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Like they said, there was one at the swap.....
Here is a pic
DSCN2785.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: