Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Today I came home and found 2 kessils out ..I trouble shot them and one has no blue channel. The other one is shot ..I have a 400 gallon which is 7 ft x 3 ft x32 high .right now I have 8 kessils a360w .and 6 -80 watt t5 .I've been running this setup for along time now and I'm happy with my tank .I would consider switching to radions gen xr15 pros .but I couldn't do that all at once .do I start to convert over to the radions and pick 2 of them up for now with a reef link. I can use them in the center and as the kessils go or I hit the lotto I can slowly add to them instead of buying more kessils .because .the way my lighting is set up the xr15 would be more beneficial than xr30 ....what do I do what do I do .....help ?

editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Out of curiosity how old are the Kessil's? I have 2 x reefbreeders photon 32 V2+ fixtures with 4 x 80 watt T5's on my 215 gal DT, (the V2+'s are sandwiched in the middle). I got tired of shelling out mega bucks for the high end lights....and the photons are more than adequate, [especially when combined with the T5's].

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Out of curiosity how old are the Kessil's? I have 2 x reefbreeders photon 32 V2+ fixtures with 4 x 80 watt T5's on my 215 gal DT, (the V2+'s are sandwiched in the middle). I got tired of shelling out mega bucks for the high end lights....and the photons are more than adequate, [especially when combined with the T5's].
I have a mix of 360 and 360we .to behomest the we are they ones that have been giving me the issues .there old frank I got the 360 when they first came out ..I would say some are 8 years old

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
If you've been happy with the way the tank is I'd leave it with kessils. 8 years is a good length of time IMO. For the price of the Radions you can buy a couple spare kessils lol

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Check continuity one the two wires that come from the pendant and if there is u know it can either be the driver or the ac/dc plug smell the ac/dc power box and see if it smells burn if it does just buy a 12/24 volt ac/dc Adapter and rewire to ur pendant

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I took a working driver of a working light and plugged it in the no working light and nothing .I plug it back into the know working light and it lights, so I assume the light is shorted doesmt light at all
Check continuity one the two wires that come from the pendant and if there is u know it can either be the driver or the ac/dc plug smell the ac/dc power box and see if it smells burn if it does just buy a 12/24 volt ac/dc Adapter and rewire to ur pendant

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Charlie I have radions Xr15 pro in a combo fixture with 4x 54 watt T5. I ran AI Sol blue solo before then w the T5. I definitely saw the advantage of the radions over the SOL blues. They aren’t cheap but they are great. I don’t use the more advanced features but with the WXM the controllability is great. I used the reeflink on my tank at work and didn’t like it. So I got a wxm for that as well. Idk who u use for your dry goods but reach out to Dave at reef trends. He offers very good pricing.

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Charlie I have radions Xr15 pro in a combo fixture with 4x 54 watt T5. I ran AI Sol blue solo before then w the T5. I definitely saw the advantage of the radions over the SOL blues. They aren’t cheap but they are great. I don’t use the more advanced features but with the WXM the controllability is great. I used the reeflink on my tank at work and didn’t like it. So I got a wxm for that as well. Idk who u use for your dry goods but reach out to Dave at reef trends. He offers very good pricing.
Thanks ...I order 4 to start how many u think I would need for my tank I'm thinking 8 to 10 ..plus I have 60 80 watt t5

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
If u r running radions alone I would think 8x xr15 pro is about right. If u r doing a combo with t5 u can probably get away with 5 or 6 depending on how u lay out your lighting. They’re strong so the higher u place them then the more space they’ll cover and u can just turn them up. I never ran my 4 higher than 50% but my display was only 150. U can always add more as u go if you feel it’s not enough. I have the xr30 pros on my Reefer at work but I actually like the 15’s better because u can space them out exactly how u like especially when used in conjunction with t5.

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
If u r running radions alone I would think 8x xr15 pro is about right. If u r doing a combo with t5 u can probably get away with 5 or 6 depending on how u lay out your lighting. They’re strong so the higher u place them then the more space they’ll cover and u can just turn them up. I never ran my 4 higher than 50% but my display was only 150. U can always add more as u go if you feel it’s not enough. I have the xr30 pros on my Reefer at work but I actually like the 15’s better because u can space them out exactly how u like especially when used in conjunction with t5.
That's y I would want the 15 over the 30s .u can spread them better

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: