JimmyStacks

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, under blue you can tell if it dragon soul or not 100%. It's very hard to mistake with something else.

However, I can't tell without oranges filter.

Another question. Did seller show you dragon soul pictures and sold u something different. Or is he confused of that he has from the beginning?
67F57C22-2FC4-41E0-B8DB-696795937E89.jpeg

This is what he showed me of the mother, does look like what I received though. Not sure how to do the orange filter.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
hmm, your piece does look different, seems to be missing the florescence, which to me points to the possibility that the frag was grown under less intense lighting than the mother. possibly under cheap LEDs with a lot of white and little actinic and no 420. Also possible it was in the bag too long, or it got too cold in transit. You'll have to let it settle into your system, time will tell. In the future for something expensive, you've got to see it under the original conditions before taking it, to prevent mistakes from happening. $200 or $20, It could have been the rarest, holy grail of torches, but if its all beat up, browned or bleached out, you'll find it the $20 pile, since WYSIWYG.
I've got a few orange montie SPS that either went brown on me or got bleached out, took months for me to figure them out and for them to recover, if at all. During that time, I kept questioning myself of if this was a red cap, an orange digitata or a purple grape cap. The only thing I had to prove to myself of what they were, was the photo I took of them on day 1.

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Jimmy,
Fellow reefers here, (not speaking for vendors) mostly do reefing as a hobby. I know when I was heavy into the hobby, I wanted my fellow hobbyists to be happy. I bought and sold as part of the fun of the hobby.

As long as you tried to contact your seller, and he did not respond in a timely manner, I understand you.

Speaking for me, sometimes I bought corals that were not what I expected, but I never thought I got screwed. Fellow reefers are amazing and generous so I am sure that this bad transaction will be one of very few bad purchases.

You can view the reefer ratings etc. For me, reefing is a “money pit” so I would just eat the loss and look for another seller.

Loftyreefer

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dragon soul torch but I’d rather call it an indo torch. It colors up with some hints of yellow but not throughout the day. When I purchased my torch it appeared identical to your photo. It should color up within a month or two. You probably don’t have a colorful specimen but it definitely looks like an indo torch. Under blue lights you get to see that color at its best.

Attachments

• EF2A04D5-16BA-4657-9F35-4D29F37794AD.jpeg
    EF2A04D5-16BA-4657-9F35-4D29F37794AD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 157
  • E6BBEC13-B18E-41F9-95E4-9BFA815FFF5C.jpeg
    E6BBEC13-B18E-41F9-95E4-9BFA815FFF5C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 162
  • 26D88F5C-FDA3-4297-8F7B-D550EF9AEA50.jpeg
    26D88F5C-FDA3-4297-8F7B-D550EF9AEA50.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 156
  • F265FF9C-D707-4806-8590-4FB556E28101.jpeg
    F265FF9C-D707-4806-8590-4FB556E28101.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 166

JimmyStacks

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dragon soul torch but I’d rather call it an indo torch. It colors up with some hints of yellow but not throughout the day. When I purchased my torch it appeared identical to your photo. It should color up within a month or two. You probably don’t have a colorful specimen but it definitely looks like an indo torch. Under blue lights you get to see that color at its best.
Thank u, I really hope that that is the case here.

bfernandez19

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for sharing bro... i am also new to this site...i was kinda skeptical about purchasing livestocks here...i'd rather pay more on the lfs but i know i am getting the real deal....not unless i know the person well enough i can trust to make a private purchase...if everything going on now...private sellers can be shady...again my gut feeling...

Attachments

• F205D2FB-F0E2-43EA-83DE-1A0220B93587.jpeg
    F205D2FB-F0E2-43EA-83DE-1A0220B93587.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 61

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I would hate to say anything about bad sellers. There's a few.

However, as others have mentioned, based on tank conditions and even lighting there is good chance it changed on the seller and didnt have the right conditions so it changed and loss color.

I have gone rough this with ALL my torches and they change again.

My dragon soul went from FULL gold to what you are seeing within a few weeks.

I changed its location and amount of par+ flow so it'll take time to regain its color but I m sure it will come back.

I hate buying something and not be exactly what you expected. However, there a small streaks that would lead me to believe under the right conditions colors will show up sooner than later if your tank is good.

xanderax1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
thanks for sharing bro... i am also new to this site...i was kinda skeptical about purchasing livestocks here...i'd rather pay more on the lfs but i know i am getting the real deal....not unless i know the person well enough i can trust to make a private purchase...if everything going on now...private sellers can be shady...again my gut feeling...
Soo true . Best see it in sellers tank.After its been taken out, stresed and ...who knows.

Dealing with same seller for a while is one thing. Theres some very honest sellers here.
New seller best exchanging cash and goods on the spot.

Even before covid there were sellers insisting to paypal or whatever first then meet you some where that's not where their tank is.
If you dont mind risking some $ on a strangers word go ahead but talking about hundreds of $$ on someone you dont know and nowhere to go return/exchange defective product... just screams shady.
Remember if they dont trust you then dont trust them. Its a two way street.

Czynot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
All reefer I purchase from are great people and Some become close friends too. I haven't not met one reefer that is bad yet.
It is not greatest time to get quick response from people during this pandemic. Everyone is hurting and hobby are in the back seat.

editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I have purchased from many reefers here and have never gotten burned.
That doesnt mean it can't happen but it hasn't happened to me. That also doesn't mean you can't get burned from an online vendor who shows pics of a frag and then when you receive it ....it looks nothing like the pic.
I also sell frags and my prices are a quarter or less than what SOME stores sell then for. My frags sizes are also 2 to 4 times bigger than stores so I take exception to comments like "local sellers can be shady" but I guess we can't be naive and think shady sellers don't exist out there.

There is an easy remedy to all of this:
1) either go by word of mouth/reputation of the seller,
OR
2) check feedback here about the seller
OR
3) when you go to purchase....dont buy the item if it doesnt look good or the way it's supposed to look.....especially if you are spending big bucks on it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: