Rating - 100%
98   0   0
So I moved my bubble tipped anemone into the sump temporarily and while it was loose, it must have been sucked into my protein skimmer, since I found a little piece of it floating around, and what appears to be the mass of a foot in the bubble trap, so I'm pretty sure its gone. I'm left with what must be 1-5% of it, probably a couple of tentacles and a piece of body, which didn't get sucked in. Cant really tell how much mass there is since it's all shriveled up. So what are the chances I can grow the thing back? treat it like a ricordea frag? I've ground and regrew green hairy mushrooms before from nothing, as I scraped them off the rocks. They just popped back.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
hmm, I assumed a BTA was not more complex than a ricordea, but it is more of a carnivore than photosynthetic. That does make it different from ricordia and mushrooms. As for a water change, I'm too lazy. I assume it was sucked into the skimmer and completely skimmed out, Not blowing stinging cells all over the place. Only have 3 fish in there and a bunch of frags on the rack, so stinging and algae bloom is low risk for me.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: