Poseidon87

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey MR,

I am hoping someone can help me. I am looking to buy a decent grade 3/4 inch ID tubing to do my water changes. I got tired of using a syphon so I bought a used jebao pump and going to buy some tubing, but I just feel like its a rip off these places charging 2-3 dollars a foot for just plain tubing.

Thank you all....

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
I just went through this. Not saying the cheapest... I needed to buy tubing, bucket, pump and clip to keep hose from bucket going into tank staying in tank, so that tube water does not fall out and have water fly through out my living room.

Here is what I bought:

Everything bought on Amazon

Water buckets (2) at 9.04 (1 bucket to drain dirty water and the other to add clean new saltwater (5 gallon buckets) 19.68
Two little fishes ball valves for water change used to control flow of water entering tank 10.99
Water change pump ( Homasy 400gph) 16.99
Water change tubing (10 feet) inner 1/2 inch 12.99
Hose holder for water changes so water does not spill on floor 9.99
1 heater for new bucket water 150w each - Orlushy submersible for marine tank. I have a nano tank, and had to find a large heater that had a small foot print. This model comes with a free digital thermometer. I like non batter one, so I can keep in bucket. 17.99
1 cheap thermometer .99

* I started from scratch so had no extra buckets.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I did something similar. I use 2 - 23gal container and I have a large pump that pumps the water from the container into the sink. I used about 40' of 3/4 hosing, as I have a long way to go to the sink .

Depending upon on the length that you need you can try Lowes, if you don't need a lot, as their cost was a lot cheaper than HD. If you need a lot than what was mention already, Amazon, is probably the best (cheapest) bet. I think I brought mine from Dr FosterSmith, as at the time it was cheaper, but I don't remember as it was a number of years ago.

Poseidon87

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I did something similar. I use 2 - 23gal container and I have a large pump that pumps the water from the container into the sink. I used about 40' of 3/4 hosing, as I have a long way to go to the sink .

Depending upon on the length that you need you can try Lowes, if you don't need a lot, as their cost was a lot cheaper than HD. If you need a lot than what was mention already, Amazon, is probably the best (cheapest) bet. I think I brought mine from Dr FosterSmith, as at the time it was cheaper, but I don't remember as it was a number of years ago.

Poseidon87

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just went through this. Not saying the cheapest... I needed to buy tubing, bucket, pump and clip to keep hose from bucket going into tank staying in tank, so that tube water does not fall out and have water fly through out my living room.

Here is what I bought:

Everything bought on Amazon

Water buckets (2) at 9.04 (1 bucket to drain dirty water and the other to add clean new saltwater (5 gallon buckets) 19.68
Two little fishes ball valves for water change used to control flow of water entering tank 10.99
Water change pump ( Homasy 400gph) 16.99
Water change tubing (10 feet) inner 1/2 inch 12.99
Hose holder for water changes so water does not spill on floor 9.99
1 heater for new bucket water 150w each - Orlushy submersible for marine tank. I have a nano tank, and had to find a large heater that had a small foot print. This model comes with a free digital thermometer. I like non batter one, so I can keep in bucket. 17.99
1 cheap thermometer .99

* I started from scratch so had no extra buckets.
I’ll check it out I have a 90 gallon tank so was using 3/4 with a jebao pump and the tubing prices are astronomical

Poseidon87

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

I’ll check our amazon and Lowe’s I need about 20-25 feet soo I’ll look into both and compare thank you though. I just can’t believe the amount of money they charge just for a rubber hose smh. Maybe it’s just because we live in NY lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: