Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I have been reefing since 2007. I certainly have had my ups and downs over the years. I started with a 90 gallon wave tank then upgraded to a 150 then downgraded to a Marineland rimless 93 Cube. This is where everything turned to crap. I built a custom stand out of 3/4" birch. Everything was perfect. Fast forward two years later and I came home to all the lights off, pump off and missing about 50 gallons of water from the tank and 20 gallons of water from my sump. All over my newly finished den. ServPro came and did a great job cleaning up, cutting the sheet rock and installing there equipment to remove the water/moisture. Total damage including my aquarium equipment, livestock and repairs are $12k +. I contacted Marineland and the rep admitted there was a period of time with faulty seams. I supplied him all the documentation as he requested along with detailed photo's. They pawned me off to there insurance company and I waited 90 days for them to tell me my stand was not properly supported, my floor is not flat and my back wall was not level. I continued to prove my case by showing additional photo's, weight capacities and lots more. They since stopped responding and I had to move forward with home owners insurance. I truly hate Marineland. I am beyond frustrated and disappointing in how they handled this whole thing. My tank, stand and floor is 100% level. I am baffled by there lack of professionalism and attention to detail. I shame myself for not rejecting the tank when I opened it looking at the seams. I will never purchase another Marineland product ever again. I am not fishless, tankless and heart broken... Rant over.

Czynot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
damn. That is horrible. It is crazy for manufactures not to stand behind their product and their customers. We pay a lot of money for a product that is faulty out of their factory. We consumers lost everything and they just push you aside.

marklugo23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.3%
78   3   0
....im a little confused by your thread? You purchased a new tank for marineland and this blow out at the seams just occurred and they refuse to replace the tank? Or are you complaining that they refuse to cover the 12K damages that occurred In your den? I don't think any company would be or should be responsible for damages that may occur when not professionally installed by them.

Czynot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Marineland tanks are RIM tank. They are still failing With or without their stand. There are more Marineland tank fail than Red Sea. I know someone have 125g marine land tank with custom stand. He have no issue.

Flipper

Relaxing on the Reefin
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
my guess is that the claim was for the water damage, which they would have to refer to the insurance company to cover. Insurance companies never want to pay a dime if they can avoid it.

grsfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I had a marine land get a leak in one of the bottom seems after a couple of years. Luckily I caught it on the early side. Won’t be buying one of them again. I have heard too many bad stories

Rating - 98.6%
73   1   0
They usually don't cover leaks if not using their stands. They did replace my 93 cube before because it had bubbles on the seams and I was using a custom stand. I sent them pics that the stand was completely level.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I built my own stand because there stands are crap. The seams had bubbles in them because I was so excited to set it up. I fought and fought but gave up. I tried to claim the damage done to my house, the tank and my livestock/equipment loss as well. Everything was denied... Bottom line screw marineland and I hope they go out of business...

coralcruze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.4%
228   11   0
so sorry to hear of your great loss. I know from expierience that if you deviate even slightly from manufacturers suggested install it gives them legal standup to covering your loss. the lesson is never buy any item that requires parts if you dont like the parts. so of you hate the stand or think its carp do t buy the tank either... I hope you recover enough to get back into the hobby. dont let this horrid exp. stop you from continueing in the hobby.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: