Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Hello

i just set up a low maintenance 20gallon long freshwater tank. I have some basic plants, rubin sword, water sprite and anubias. I would like to get more plants, and especially carpeting plants. Can you recommend a light for a planted aquarium? By doing a quick search online, people seems to use finnex but on Amazon, these lights seems to burn out quickly. Aqua Illumination makes a freshwater light, but its out of my budget. I have an old ATI fixture that i used in my reef tank, can that be used over a planted aquarium (I forget which bulbs i have in there)
Thank you

5thChorseman

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Yes you can use the old ATI fixture, once you get the right bulb for it. General freshwater tank look more natural 6000 k - 10000 k. You can also get a beamsworks led fixture on amazon for less than $50 dollars.

Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Hey guys,
I see that Giesemann makes a Planted Super Flora t5 for planted aquarium.. I might get that--it's just my ATI fixtures uses 3 plugs. I'll check out the LED fixture you suggested.
As for CO2, I didn't want to start messing with that just yet. Right I am just shopping for the best light possible that I can affor

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jjfriscia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I use the
FLUVAL NANO FRESHWATER LED 15W
I think they are great lights I've had great success with them. Able to control everything from your phone. If you did 2 of these on your 20 gallon I think you'd be money. As for C02 look into it. I picked up a tank from my local welding supply shop that will continue to refill it for me and got a Chinese regulator for 50$ off amazon.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: