Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
So my Tunze 3155 failed on me earlier this week. The optical eye sensor failed to stop the fill. Luckily the second sensor kicked in and prevented a mess. I’ve tried every which way to clean the sensor but no luck. I think the unit is over 5 years old.

I tried contacting Tunze about buying a replacement sensor but no response.

At this point, I’m contemplating getting a new Tunze but at $200 for my little 10 gallon nano, it seems overkill.

What is everyone else using on their nano tanks? I was thinking icecap ATO as an alternative.

I’m really looking for one that has dual sensors as it saved me earlier this week.

Any help\recommendations appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aclman88

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Assuming yours is gravity fed?

Nope, here is the link with instructions.

Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Thanks. You ever worry about the sensor failing? I like this one cause of the size.

I have had 2 of these first one was temporary had sensor not refill once or twice but got rid of it fast. 2nd one the newer improved one is on my 25g fir over a year now and its always stopping. Beeping. Need to be reset. Need to cover back are with sponge as light from my hydra affects the sensor i noticed. Needs to be cleaned often. I cannot rely on this to leave more than few days. My tunze i had on my reefer 250 for 3 years didn’t skip a beat.

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I have had 2 of these first one was temporary had sensor not refill once or twice but got rid of it fast. 2nd one the newer improved one is on my 25g fir over a year now and its always stopping. Beeping. Need to be reset. Need to cover back are with sponge as light from my hydra affects the sensor i noticed. Needs to be cleaned often. I cannot rely on this to leave more than few days. My tunze i had on my reefer 250 for 3 years didn’t skip a beat.

I had one a few years back and had the same problem. I thought maybe they improved since then. Mine use to beep all hours of the night and the sensor constantly needed cleaning. Maybe it’s hit of miss cause some people have no issues with them.

Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I had one a few years back and had the same problem. I thought maybe they improved since then. Mine use to beep all hours of the night and the sensor constantly needed cleaning. Maybe it’s hit of miss cause some people have no issues with them.

Tunze! Id pay $200 for peace of mind no matter tank size

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Someone from Tunze got back to me. They will replace my sensor for $30. No charge for labor or calibration. I’ll be shipping my unit to Texas and will have it back in a couple of days.

Can’t beat that for customer service for a unit that’s over 5 years old.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: