arnjer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a concrete slab foundation and am setting up a 90 gal 48x18x20 am getting a stand from petco and will set this on carpet just make sure it's level and fill er up or what it will contain about 140 lbs of LR or what i can fit from two 55 gal tanks any special considerations i should know about also petco has a 75 gal stand which is the same footprint can i use this stand

thanx

jerry

[ July 07, 2001: Message edited by: arnjer ]

[ July 07, 2001: Message edited by: arnjer ]

bowfront

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi again, IMO you would be ok but I would check with petco or who ever manufactured the stand to get their confirmation. You are only talking about 15 extra gallons or about 120 extra lbs. Most stands for that footprint that I have seen would support either but if you exceed the specified max. tank size you might be voiding any warrantees. Better to be safe than sorry. Get a certified statement from someone involved in the sale if you are nervous.

arnjer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just called the Petco that has the stand and they say it will support it I also e-mailed AGA and asked them I'll let you know what they say.

Jerry

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90 FW the only advice I would give is if you are going to put a background on it, do it before you fill it. I was not that smart. It can also be difficult to find a background to fit the tank, I never did. I stole a persons idea from another BB and used a very inexpensive black trash bag. The expensive ones are too shiney and not matte enough. You can see what it looks like on my site.

arnjer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is the e-mail i got this morning reguarding the stand

Jerry,
The stand for a 75 gallon will also work for a 90 gallon, so yes you can
use this. The weight of the rock replaces the weight of the water, so
you will be ok with this.
Sincerely,
Charlene
Customer Service
All-Glass Aquarium Co., Inc
[email protected]

arnjer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is the e-mail i got this morning reguarding the stand

Jerry,
The stand for a 75 gallon will also work for a 90 gallon, so yes you can
use this. The weight of the rock replaces the weight of the water, so
you will be ok with this.
Sincerely,
Charlene
Customer Service
All-Glass Aquarium Co., Inc
[email protected]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: