• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Freaked

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am replacing a few pumps in my 75 gal and need some advice. I need a external pump that puts out about 800 gal at a 4-6 foot head. Currently I am using a rio 3100.(I would like a little more flow then this pump). I was thinking of getting a Mag 950 or a 1200 but I think the 1200 will be to strong.(Can a ball value slow it that much?) The main constraint that I have is the inlet has to be 3/4 because the bulkhead fitting on my wet dry is 3/4. Any opinions are welcome. Thanks all. Hopefully I will be replacing my rio soon

mosey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
use the mag 12 it'll be fine
icon_smile.gif

kjb

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eheim pumps kick butt.
I had a Mag7 that fried due to my own stupidity. I replaced it with an Eheim and find it to be very quiet and strong.

Lunchbucket

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check out
pump comparison chart

this should help. looks like mag 9.5 would work for the gph. it says 810gph at 3ft and 700 at 6 ft. so at 4 ft it would be close to 800gph. also, it has a 3/4 inlet and 3/4 outlet. that would be a good pump. get rid of the rio fast. i haven't heard anything wrong w/ mags

later
Lunchbucket

cgbexec

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Freaked,

My vote would be an Iwaki. The WMD40RLT is rated at 750gph. @4ft. of head pressure. This pump is preasure rated, so you can use a ball valve to turn down the gph if you like. This pump has 3/4" intake and output. Check out this place for prices: http://www.aquadirect.com/pumps/pumps.html
Hope this helps!

Chris

jdeets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kjb:
<STRONG>Eheim pumps kick butt.
I had a Mag7 that fried due to my own stupidity. I replaced it with an Eheim and find it to be very quiet and strong.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

KJB--what model of Eheim would you recommend? I was under the impression that the largest Eheim is the 1060 and it is rated at about 600 gph.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: