kjb

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I bought a simple Xenia. You would think I could find some basic on-line info on placement, water parameters, feeding and whatever,... but all my searches have produced mixed results. Is there a simple Xenia FAQ out there somewhere? Is there a good web coral FAQ that instructs on particular species care? or is the knowledge all hiden away in books.
Sorry, I feel like such a simpleton; jeez it's just a Xenia!

Rick

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd place it in a spot with some movement,not a real lot of movement and better than normal lighting .Your right kjb they are just xenia and they should be fine anywhere in your tank .they grow like weeds in mine .I don't feed them anything ,my filtration isn't the best and I only use VHOs for lighting .
good luck

aquanut92368

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Kevin,
Glad to see that you are still hanging in there.
I have tried xenia several times and they would last a couple of weeks, seem to be doing good even fragged them a couple of times and then for no apparent reason they crash. I talked to Mike at IA and he said they either grow like weeds or the crash, not much in between. So I figure for whatever reason I am not one of the people fortunate enough to grow this weed.
The wierd thing is that none of the other corals that I have have ever had a problem when the xenia crashed, go figure.
RJ's advice seems like the way to go, but what do I know, I can't grow them.
Good luck,
Kevin

kjb

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys!
Yeah Kevin, I decided to keep the tank and limit my transience; so I will just have to move the thing once. [I hate moving!]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: