jimbirk

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are going to be traveling through Colorado Springs area- avoiding Denver(traffic)- Des Moines to Crested Buite and back- any good LFS worth the time to stop and see ???? Thanks for the information.
icon_smile.gif

spectral_ranger

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in Colorado Springs about a year ago on an interview trip, and made the obligatory LFS rounds. Unfortunately, I was somewhat disappointed. I recall there were three stores spread about the town. Take a look at www.fishindex.com to get the store locations. The one in the northern part of town was the best. Absolutely immaculate, I think they may have moved in a week prior. Very little selection, but I think they were still doing initial stocking. Some very nice large display tanks. There's another store on the west side of town, towards the airport. Actually, I think this one was closed when I got there. Don't remember if just for the day or permanently. The third store I went to was on the road going west out of downtown into the mountains, the store was Neptune's something. Very cramped and dingy, would need a chisel to get through the salt creep. Don't remember the stock as being anything special, don't think they had any corals. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! Maybe somebody with more knowledge of the area will be able to give you more detail or updates...

Chris

tlc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
high country pets (aquatics) on academy is a large store. they do carry quite a bit but they do sell out realy quickly. find out what there shipment dates are. also neptunes realm in old colorado city is under new ownership. its small, the prices are real good. they usually have a nice selection. if you decide to go the denver route there are about 3 realy good ones there.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: