cindywennin

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am no expert but this is what I would do...First, do you have a small spare tank to put the fish in for a day or so? Go back to the store where she bought the fish, buy water from the same tank he was in at the store and use the water in the spare tank. Transfer the fish to the tank and give him a day or so to recover.
If no spare tank at least get some water from the tank. Put him back in that water, give it a while to hopefully semi-recover then acclimate it properly but s-l-o-w-l-y!
Again, this is what I would do. Maybe not the right thing. Then again, it maybe too late if it is already swimming upside down.
All experts please chime in...
Cindy

cindywennin

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duh, the thought just came to me...is he swimming or is he just sitting in one place upside down maybe under an overhang? Lion fish sometimes hang around upside down naturally, stalking. How long has he been in the tank?
Cindy

zt allstar

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Volitan lion in my FOWLR. He would chill out belly side up at the top of the tank for hours at a time. Thats why I sold him back to the LFS. He didn't do anything except eat like a PIG.

FMarini

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI:
An upside-down lionfish is no big deal...they spend a huge portion of their lives hanging inverted or sideways.
Now if this fish is NOT eating, and showing stress colors(ie, very lightly colored or super dark coloration) then i would worry.
Taking it out and attemtping to reacclimate it will do little for you right now
What else about the tank can you tell us?
frank

jeremy1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
icon_sad.gif
well i am sad to say that he didnt make it i went to the lfs am found out that he was cought using a not so safe method and now i have prof that it doesnt work. thanks for all the help it will help me when i find a replacement from another store.

jeremy1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok my wife is a postal worker and on here way how she stoped at a new lsh that we have never been, and to my serprize she bought the lion and put it right in the tank. it was doing ok but now it is swiming upside down and not looking to good, i know that she should have acclumated it but she didnt think about it, but now she knows why she should. well the question is will it make it or should i get ready to get it out of the tank. and is there anything that i can do to help it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: