A

Anonymous

I hate to say it, but you can get a Yellow Tang from Flying Fish Express online for $9/$13/$19 depending on size. Shipping is on top of that, but $30 seems high, even though I agree that local stores will charge more than that in many cases.

jethro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you factor in shipping with that price?

Whatever dude.

I'm not looking to make a profit but I am not going to try to lose money right away either.

Basically want to see what response I get.

I can have the wife post on the BB at the Hospital where she works. Somebody may want him and like the price.

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: jethro ]

The Bluedevil

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen/got a Yellow Tang for $19 on sale at my nearest LFS and in good health. They normally are $29 so your price is fair since we know its atleast adjusted to a tank. I just dont have room anymore.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not live near you but I must say that $30 is a great price when you stop to think it is known for X amount of months this fish is free of desease and has a known healthy appetite and what foods he prefers. Temperment is known. Anyone that is considering a tang really should jump on $30 for this situation.

Just my $0.02

jethro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Tang has been in my tank for over a year.

He eats anything I put in the Tank. He rules the tank and is a hog when it comes to eating.

He eats Sushi, Flake food, spriralina and of course any frozen brine, prime reef, etc. He likes fresh spinach too.

I would like to see him get a larger tank which I can't provide for him.

Was mainly curious to find out if there are any Western PA people that frequent this forum. Was hoping to find someone who is interested and has a larger tank.

jethro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Super Cow...

I'm not here to start haggling price but if you are going to post info like that, post all the facts.

You are right, shipping is on top of that.

Flying fish express charges $27 for shipping + $10 box charge on a small box. Just to ship a small Tang already cost more than what I am asking. The price keeps going up based on the size of the box. This Tang wouldn't get shipped in a small box. Maybe he would ship in a medium box, that comes to $42 for shipping plus the price of the fish.

Any LFS around here that has Tangs for less than $20 either got a great deal or has a reason to unload them.

But anyhow, if anyone is interested, let me know. Maybe we can work something out.

jethro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, this may be a dumb idea but here we go...

I have a nice Yellow Tang that I am thinking about selling. He is healthy and should have a larger tank. That is the only reason I am thinking about doing this. The LFS I bought him from won't do a trade.

I will let him go for $30 or maybe best offer. I think he is worth more. I was thinking of letting him go for free but I am not so sure about that. Wife isn't too happy I spend so much money on this stuff so I sould try to get something out of him. I would say you would pay at least $49 around here for a Tang his size and it won't be as nice.

Conditions apply...
You must have a larger tank than I do.
You must demonstrate to me that you are serious about keeping a nice tank.

This fish is in very good shape and he is a bit larger than a tennis ball. I would put a pic of him on here but for some reason Tripod.com isn't letting me post pics from their site.

Anyhow,I will check this post tonight after work. If you are interested we can correspond via email. Maybe I can manage to put a pic on here. I will try tonight.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: