swreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A nurse shark in a 72 gallon bowfront. Why do people do this?
my_nurse_shark_72_bow.JPG

reefer6

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does suck but I have seen worse I was in a LFS and saw a 3ft nurse in a 4ft cube tank man was that depressing and you know what I was in there after about 3months and guess what still there I want to put it out of its mysery the poor thing can barly move in that small of a tank.

Mouse

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent them this...............

Please remove the photograph containing the 75 gallon tank with the nurse shark, its sickening. This is not the sort of practice that should be encouraged. You should all know better!

I would also suggest that you educate this neanderthol over his mistake and suggest he take up knitting or something were the only thing that will suffer will be himself. Really im appauled, YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER!!!!!!!

P.S. all your reef tanks suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope that does the trick, if not ill send out my hordes of rabid pidgeons to peck out there eyes!
icon_mad.gif

esmithiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mouse:

When calling someone a "Neanderthol" in an e-mail you might want to spell it correctly
icon_wink.gif
Try "Neanderthal"

Just kiddin ya!
icon_smile.gif

Ernie

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's disgusting all right.

The lfs I'm now working at has a 2.5" leaopard shark in a 125...trying to convince them to donate it to an upcoming public aquarium...looks like they'll be doing it, too.

:)

Peace,

Chip

grimreefer1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also no offense, but it's "appalled" not "appaulled".
icon_wink.gif

Speaking of nurse sharks, I saw a thread about aquatic reflections, and their website shows that they have a nurse shark for sale. Just in case anyone feels like b*tching....

JSC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks.

Mouse, I think it was good that you sent them an e-mail but you probably could have worded it a little better. Saying "P.S all your reef tanks suck" is not going to get them to take you seriously IMO. Constructive criticism worded maturely usually gets more attention. No flame intended just a suggestion for future e-mails.

jdeets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JSC:
<STRONG>Saying "P.S all your reef tanks suck" is not going to get them to take you seriously IMO.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You took the words right out of my mouth on this one. I thought it would have been a LOT more effective without that post-script.

No doubt whoever has done the web page loves the hobby and their tanks but obviously needs some guidance. I thought the first part of the message could be effective but the P.S. part pretty much made it ineffective, IMO.

StrikeThree

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something about that pic doesn't look right - Why is the reflection on the glass behind the shark ? I hope its a cut and paste job... If not I wish there was a way to call the SPCA on this guy. How is that different than keeping a German Shepherd in a 4X4X4' cage 24-7?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah, the actinic reflection is too good.

He's in serious need of my new and improved Shark Vital supplement....

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: Guy ]

srbayless

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

That is definitely a sad sight. Check out the pictures of the LFS tank with the prices on the glass. You wanna talk about sad. A metallic brain for $54.99, and the mushrooms in the front are the same price!

I think we can officially add that website as a "check this site out to see what to do wrong with your saltwater tank" site.

Scott.

DaktariEd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worse still is the advice in the website on how to start up a marine/reef tank...

Way out of date and high potential to kill a lot of fish.
icon_sad.gif

Not going to add it to my "favorite sites" list.

My 2 cents.

Ed

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I was in a well-respected fish store in Hayward, CA, where they had about 10 of these in a smaller tank and a couple of leopard sharks as well. They were selling like hot cakes at $50 a pop. Keep in mind that this is one of only two decent LFS in the whole SF Bay Area, a place famous for people with more money than brains.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: