hannibal

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up with the getting T. gigas? I've been looking for some like crazy and no luck. Talked to a few people and supposely that don't have a cites perment yet, but then I call around and some people say they might be getting some in....

chris

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bottom line: japanese restaurants are willing to pay more for gigas clams then american aquarists are.

Terra Ferma

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have been trying to get a gigas. None of the wholesalers in L.A. are getting them in, nor have they said they need a cities permit to get them. I think they do need the permit. Same deal with Asian arrowanas: they breed a lot of them in captivity, but the U.S. still won't allow import, even if it is none wild stock. So, you could go to Canada to get one and bring it over. I THINK it is perfectly legal, don't quote me though. Either way, stick with it. If there is enough demand, perhaps people will take the proper steps to get gigas into the U.S. again. Let me know how your quest of a gigas is going.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: