Fushi

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a AquaFX Barracuda 100gph RO/DI unit from and had some questions. First off in many of the pictures there is the white thing connected to the pipe that leads to the 1st stage. On my unit I have a simple valve with a blue handle that is turned 90 degree to close it. Secondly where exactly does the flush kit go and what does it do. Mine is located right off the waste hose. Similarly the pictures of the flush kit show a valve on one branch and some type of white piping on the other. My simply has the valve on one end and just regular tubing on the other. My last question is that the copper pipe piercing kit only fits a pipe that is 15 feet away from where I want to attach the unit. Since the kit is higher quality than one you can find at home depot will I be all right if I pierce the pipe and have 15 feet of tubing before the water hits the RO/DI unit. Sorry bout all the questions but Im new to this and I wanna make sure I do it right!!!!!

Oh yeah how do you remove and reconnect these damn John Guest fittings so I can insert a longer length of piping???

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: Fushi ]

Alex_78745

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly reccommend you give Brian at AquaFx a call and ask him these same questions. YOur Barracuda should have been completely assembled when you received it so that all you would have had to do is supply water. Brian is extremely helpful and will walk you through all of your questions. In fact, you should be right next to your RO/DI and ready to go when you call him.

If for some reason this does not work for you you can e-mail me for my phone number and I'll walk you through your questions as best I can

HTH

-Alex

Fushi

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh the unit was completely assembled there were just some differences I noticed when comparing to pictures on websites.

JohnD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second Alex's comments. You really need to be talking with Brian.

I spoke to him when I purchased my 3-stage Dolphin. He is a wealth of knowledge.

HTH

Fushi

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all I did give AquaFX a call unfortunately Brian no longer works there but another employee was more than helpful.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: