SnoopDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to adjust the air inlet on the Remora ? I do not think I have the Pro version, just the standard Remora. I have not been satisfied with this thing since I got it, never produced crap. Thought maybe it was something I was doing, but looks pretty simple to me. If all else fails I guess I will soak it in vinegar and see if I can clean it up some. That is another problem, it really does not disassemble does it ? I can not find a way to get into it, looks all glued together !

SnoopDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your larger skimmers like a Berlin have a Venturi valve you can adjust. I am guessing there is not one and this is different technology right ?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, different technology.

You should e-mail them with any problems you have. The president, Jason Kim, responded personally when I had a problem with the powerhead falling out of the intake tube on my Remora Pro, and he then sent me some plastic clamps that solved my problem.

Very professional, fast support if you have trouble with one of their products.
http://www.proteinskimmer.com

Hope this helps ya...

Peace,

Chip

drwwalker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg:
<STRONG>The first thing I did when I got my Remora was change the pump from the Rio that came with it to a MJ 1200. There is a small screw on the inlet that allows you to clean it, sometimes a piece of sand can get caught in there. Delinetly e-mail the company. They responded to my inquiry right away.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
second that the rio will work it has a long breakin time and I adjusted the screw (air intake)

SnoopDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked on the web site at a PDF file and it says there is a water injector nozzle and that is all. I guess it will never work real good, I put a Maxi Jet 900 on it and no good either.

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: SnoopDog ]

GMH320

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first thing I did when I got my Remora was change the pump from the Rio that came with it to a MJ 1200. There is a small screw on the inlet that allows you to clean it, sometimes a piece of sand can get caught in there. Delinetly e-mail the company. They responded to my inquiry right away.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: