• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fraggle

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a good feeding plan...what and when to feed them...for Cinnamon Clowns? (specifically a small pair)

Paul

DeathWish302

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed "homebrew", Form. 1, and Aqua Yums variety. The alternation goes: Form. 1=8:30 am, "homebrew"=4:00pm, Aqua Yums Var.=8:00pm. All foods are supplemented with Selcon, Zoecon, and Zoe. I never feed flakes, b/c i believe it's not as natural as frozen foods (the occassional flake feeding is permitted, but why get into reefkeeping if you don't have the time???).

I believe and have read many times that young clowns need several feedings during the day. So 2 times minimum daily. To make it easier for the clown to feed, suction the food into a syringe. You can find them at your LFS and they are relatively inexpensive. This will break up the food nicely.

As for treats, i occassionally throw in some minced dinner shrimp, minced beemoths, or cultured minced redworms. (A little food that doesn't originate from the ocean won't hurt)

HTH,
DW302

DKKA

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the things I've carried over from my Berlin days is the idea of light feeding.

I know I'm in the minority nowadays, but the second thing I've carried over from my Berlin days(actually, from back to my FO days) is my tomato clown. Ten years old, and the majority of that time he's gotten by on a pinch or two of flake a day plus an occasional weekly treat of something meaty.
Of course he's been in a reef tank for the last 9 years and actively forages on whatever food the tank/refugium produces. He's never looked(or acted) anything but robust.
HTH, Dan

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: