Vinman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I want to set my Pinpoint Controller to use with my K2R reactor? Do I want to monitor the Tanks Ph and if so, what Ph range should I set it for . Then when do I want to C02 valve to open. on the high or low limit? Thanks for any help as I am confused how to integrate the PH controller with the tank.

myreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use my pH monitor to control my reactor. I feel that pH should be stable enough if you have the right amount of light and water movement. If you turn off the reactor because the pH is low, then CA and ALK is suffering while it is off.

If you do end up controlling the reactor with the pH monitor, then I would not put the monitor near the effluent drip. The Ph will be lower where it drips more than another part of the sump or tank. If you are going to use it you would want something like the following. If pH < 6.5 then CO2 off If pH is > 6.6 then CO2 on

I would control it from the effluent not the tank. I only use my solenoid valve to cut the reactor off in case of power failure. HTH

Vinman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thaks Myreef, I was just confused as to whether I wanted to monitor the tank (8.2 ph) or the effluent 6.6-6.8 . Thanks that makes sense now!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: