Styk33

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home last night and for about the third time my CC star fish was hanging out of the powerhead. He had just finished healing up from the last time. I was getting ready to take him to the LFS for credit and he goes and does this. This time it was really bad. A spot about the size of a quarter was turned inside out.

This morning he was up and wondering around again. Hopefully in two weeks he will be good again and I can get some credit for him. He ate my xenia the other night, so maybe he has it coming.

Emperator

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don't you add a screen on the powerhead intake so that it doesn't happen again?

Just a thought.
icon_smile.gif

Styk33

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a good idea, but would not have helped this time. He was flat against the PH intake. I will do that tonight though to prevent others from "falling" in.

Emperator

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on what type of PH you have, the manufacturer usually makes an intake guard. You might want to check into that.

So is it boiling up there in the Central Valley? I grew up in Sacramento but couldn't stand the heat during the summer and the freezing during the winter and decided to stay in LA after school. hehe

justafem

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
poor poor little star, i had my mandarin sucked up the same way, he looks beat up even 5 months later.
is fair oaks outside of sac? im in redding and always looking for locals to trade with

Styk33

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I am just outside of Sac. The only thing I have for trade is some shrooms. I will have some new pics of some stuff on my webpage soon. I will be up in your area in 3 weeks if you like anything I have.

Email me at [email protected]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: