JohnD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to my LFS to purchase some frozen Ocean Nutrition when the clerk started to rave about Saltwater Zooplankton. I never heard of it and take what the LFS says with a grain of salt.

I went to PremiunAquatics's website and they carry it. It is listed under food - Vibra/Zoo/Spectrum - Saltwater Zooplankton. Somebody gave it a 5 star rating. I wanted to give this to both tangs and clowns. Does anybody have experince with this product?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seldom reply to product posts as I feel no need to either laud or pan a product without the manufacturers input or knowledge.
As I know nothing about it, but if it is in fact zooplankton, I fail to see have it will directly have effects on Tangs and Clowns as food. Granted Tangs and Clowns in the wild do feed occasionally on copepods ( which would be considered zooplankton ) but without specs on the product and whether this is live zooplankton, the particle size of the zoo, etc., I'd be more inclined to say that this is more a coral food or fish fry food than a fish food but I could be wrong.
I'm just musing, as you had no answers to your post and may yet regret that I replied. ;-).

Regards,
David Mohr

[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: davidmohr ]

Tim Reed

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember something about zooplankton in school but the only thing I use is phytoplakton for the corals...sorry!

MattM

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked at Premium Aquatics site. Same stuff Red Sea Fish Pharm used to sell. Daphnia.

Green Mariner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that John is reffering to Sweetwater Zooplankton, and yes it is just daphnia. I use a frozen zooplankton from olsen, it is mostly mysis shrimp, my fish and corals love it!!

JohnD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all of the replies. I knew that this product was probably not the greatest thing since sliced bread. Thanks for that confirmation.
icon_smile.gif

EEreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used this product sporadically with some success. I originally bought it for some Purple Queen Anthias that would not feed at the LFS which I brought home to try and nurse. They eventually began to strike at this product when I could get it in front of them in high water flow and then began to take live brine. If you get any remember it spoils fast so I freeze most in portions and use it a little at a time. JME.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: