Fishbreath

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 60 gal acrylic tank is about 12 years old. TruVu tank made with 1/4 inch thick acrylic. I notice that the large back piece is bowing out about 1/2-3/4 inch in the middle. Don't know for how long but probably slowly getting worse over the years. The front also has a slight bow look. Seals in the back corners are straight and no leaks anywhere. Anyone seen this happen?

Thanks,
Steve

hectina

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many older acrylic tanks bow. I have a 100, but there is a bridge that connects the front to the back. Your tanks should be alright, as long as nobody kicks the front.

bcobra, if you have no problems modifying the tank, you could make your own bridge, and glue it in with acrylic cement. The parts are available at home depot.

bcobra

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering the same thing, getting ready to setup a old 70g acrylic tank that was given to me. It is also made out of 1/4" acrylic by a company named Ocean View. When I filled it to test for leaks I noticed a slight bow on the front. Should I be concerned?
icon_eek.gif

Robin

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: