jrodzen

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

I am in the planning stages of setting up a 100 - 120gal reef tank and am considering purchasing a Lifereef berlin-style system, with protein skimmer and two little giant pumps. Any of you have experience with their products?

Thanks!

Snook65

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased exactly what you are looking for from Jeff at Lifereef for my 120 around three months ago. Quality workmanship all the way around. If I had to do over, I probably whould have paid extra for the Iwaki (sp) pumps with the Japanese motors. The little giants run hot, and currently will raise the temp of my water 2 to 3 degrees by themselves. Will be purchasing a calcium reactor from Jeff as soon as my bank account can recover a little
icon_smile.gif

Jason Day

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of Jeff's old standard sumps. Really like it, really like his skimmer also. Top notch person to deal with, some of the best workmanship and design that I've ever seen.

Jason

jrodzen

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I have emailed him a couple times and he seems very professional, as does his website. As for the pumps, I am concerned about how much noise they make. Are the Iwaki or Little Giant pumps appropriate for use in the living room? I have typically used powerheads before to move water but want to step up to better technology...

thanks again,
jeff

dendronepthya

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently received a very impressive custom project sump from Jeff at Lifereef. I can assure you that you will be hard pressed to find a better constructed sump. He makes the top of the line as far as I am concerned.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: