Neal358

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am thinkng about taking out the figi fox face in my 72 because he is just to big
icon_sad.gif
i love the fish but i do want him to be happy. i am going to get a yellow skunk tile fish insted my lfs has one right now. any one out their have one. also the lfs told my that they were ezy to keep but the love to jump out of the tank. (i have a good canapy so he cant get out) any one ells have any good info on this fish??

thanks for the help

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused on the common name because a Skunk Tilefish is Hoplolatilus marcosi and a Yellow Tilefish is H. luteus but that's besides the point. Tilefish are not the that easy to keep, they need plenty of room ( your tank size sounds fine ) a deep *live* sandbed ( these are pod predators ) with liverock rubble and caves in your liverock. While these fish will eat pretty much everything, though meaty foods are best i.e small bits of shrimp, squid, mussels and frozen preparations for carnivores ( make sure they are eating at your LFS ) because of their metabolism they must be fed at least 3 times a day. They are also extremely skittish and you may never see them except at feeding time.
I'd think this over very carefully to see if you want to make that type of commitment to this type of fish.

Regards,
David Mohr

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: