MaryHM

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just updated www.reefsource.com with the following information:

1. Meet me at MACNA! See where I'll be, and make sure you say hi!

2. Watch out for dyed corals! They are being imported into the US now. Check out the pictures and don't get conned into thinking that a pink colt is natural! <grin>

3. The local hobby club visted our facility- check out the pics!

4. Read a prime example of how the media continues to sensationalize the industry/hobby. Can the continual mistatement of facts in numerous publications all be "mistakes"?????

5. Updates on the legislation that has been bombarding the hobby. If you are aware of any legislation that may have an impact on the hobby- either positive or negative- please let me know!

Carpentersreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dyed corals? What the hell's wrong with some people?
I was recently at the Vancouver aquarium, and in some of their display tanks, they have coral skeletons that have been dyed. They look flourescent under the lighting. I wonder how many people, seeing corals for the first time, leave there thinking that that's the way corals are supposed to look?
Next thing you know, they want to start their own pretty coral aquarium, and go out looking specifically for those same colors?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: