Jazzcat

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week I posted about how my mushroom aneomones were disintegrating into brown slime. I believed the cause to be either the application of Ruby Reef's Kick-Ich, or an overdose of Bio-Calcium.

I did some experimentation with the Kick-Ich, and I did not see any negative results, so I went ahead and added another dose to my tank. That was two days ago. Today, tank looks great: corals and fish are happy. No white spots on fish.

The shrooms look pretty healthy now. I had more than half my mushroom population die before I got it under control though
icon_sad.gif

I'm fairly certain that my mushroom meltdown was due to the Bio-Calcium. I'm going to have to be more careful with that stuff.

cerreta

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using Kick-ich with mediocre results thus far. It has been two weeks, but no signs of invert damage.
Cheers,
Scott

XXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Kick-Ick in my reef once after a newly inroduced (and quarantined) tang showed a few spots. I also used garlic foods and Selcon/Zoe. It cleared up in a week or so. I had no idea if the Kick-Ick did any good or not. So I put it to the test. A new arrival in my quarantine tank had ich. I have never had any trouble clearing ich with copper, but I decided to use the Kick-Ick. I used slightly more than the recommended amount to be sure. After ten days, the ich exploded and before I could bring it under control with copper the fish was history. I was not happy. The Kick-Ick fit nicely in the trash can.

None of my corals ever showed any ill signs from the treatment.

[ July 29, 2001: Message edited by: XXX ]

Reef55

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Kick-Ich about 4 months ago in my 55 reef. I dosed it exactly as the directions indicated. The tank has been ich free ever since. HOWEVER, it killed a beautiful carnation coral that I had been able to propogate, and it killed every last snail in my tank
icon_sad.gif
FWIW...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: