FishDaddy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Spotty", our juvenile Chainlink Moray (Echidna catenata) is in a 38 FOWLR by himself. He will soon move to a 55 or larger tank. Just wondering what fish or other critters any of you have kept peacefully with either a Chainlink or Snowflake?
Spotty is 10 months old and about 12".
TIA,
D*ick
icon_smile.gif

[ July 28, 2001: Message edited by: FishDaddy ]

jaydse

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi snowflakes are no big deal i keep them with all big fish that he couldn't fit in his mouth.don't know about your other one but my friend has a 3 foot green moray a spiney puffer is the only fish it don't mess with/ he also keeps a neon goby with it thats cool.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep Dascyllus trimaculatus with my E. nebulosa which is probably about 2' long. They do a fantastic jub of cleaning up the mess that the eel makes during feeding time as a normal cleanup crew wouldn't survive long in this tank, though I must say that there are about 25 Keyhole Limpets breeding in this same tank which take care of the algae.
Even in a 55gl tank you'll only be able to keep a limited number of fish because of the bioload of the eel.

Regards,
David Mohr

FishDaddy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks David and Jaydse,
I don't plan to keep many fish with him, even when he's moved to a larger tank, just some other life in the tank. I've considered a Flame or Lemonpeel Angel and perhaps a Maroon.
I have a pair of Ocellaris, Centropyge argi and a pair of Gobiosoma oceanops in the reef tank but don't want to put him in there because I also keep a pair of Lysmata amboenensis......$$$$ eel snacks!
Any other survivable fish companions?
D*ick
icon_smile.gif

[ July 28, 2001: Message edited by: FishDaddy ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: