Cindy S

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been struggling to bring the calcium level up in my 60 gallons ever since set-up in April. Water changes, kalk drip, more kalk drip. Nothing would raise ppm above 310. Yesterday afternoon I put in the B-Ionic two part liquids. I re-tested calcium just now and FINALLY got 400ppm!!! Wow, I'm so excited. I just had to share that.

P.S. My struggling mushrooms are pumpin' up too... overnight. Yeah.
icon_biggrin.gif

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That can be a tough victory to win! Congrats! I managed to fix mine after getting a new Ca++ test kit (Ca++ turned out to be 550ppm), several water changes and some superbuffer.

Ty

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job!! Glad to hear this.

Now you will have to do more testing to figure out how fast your Ca and Alk depletes weekly to make sure your dosage regiment is adequate and not overdoing it.

Nathan1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by danmhippo:
<STRONG>Good job!! Glad to hear this.

Now you will have to do more testing to figure out how fast your Ca and Alk depletes weekly to make sure your dosage regiment is adequate and not overdoing it.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Weekly*?! Mine drops 1meq/l/day. Thank goodness I have a calcium reactor that can handle this.

-Nathan

joeyipsc

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Cindy
I had the same situation happen to me when i was starting my 35G. it took 2 months to bring up the calc on mine. I dosed kalk day after day and still nothing, Then I used 2 part alk/calc and presto !! up goes the calc. I used two little fishes kalk and c-balance and it works, but just last week I switched to ESV's products. i maintain mine at 450 ppm.

good luck
joey

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: