cmylam

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone successfully replaced the Rio 600 on a CPR BakPak? My Rio was recently rendered useless due to a maintenance absence on my part. I took it apart and cleaned it, which helped immensely (as to be expected). However, with the apparent reputation of the Rio, I was interested in getting a backup if and when the Rio fails altogether. I heard that the Maxijet 1200 was the only recommended replacement (on the CPR BB).

Has anyone attempted this, or perhaps attempted another pump? The quieter and more reliable the better....

Jerry DeGan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a rio 400 on an older cyclone backpack
it ran for 4 years (it still runs) before I
upgraded it to a rio 600. I've never had
any problems with the smaller rio motors.
Just buy two 600's if your worried about
motor failure.
If you do try to put a maxijet in its place
I wouldn't go with the 1200 they seem much
more powerful than the rio 600.
Good Luck

Green Mariner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a BakPak and I replaced the Rio 600 with a Rio 800 and it does work much better. The problem with the Rio's is with the larger size pumps.

HTH

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced the Rio w/ the Maxijet 900 (added venturi pieces, too). I like the Maxijet, but have one complaint: every other day I have to rinse the air-intake line because it becomes clogged. Kind of a pain in the butt. Otherwise the Maxijet works great. Much higher flow through the skimmer now.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: