• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

MFisher

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, its been at least a year and my Goniopora is still tickin'. I'm not sure how long its been but I'm sure it has been a year. It just survived its second move this summer with flying colors (this last one was nasty-I musta dropped it ten times). I feel that it is as hardy as any other coral in my tank (shrooms included). Its been a busy summer and I haven't been on reefs in ages. Hopefully I can find a little time to spend here again soon.

Later---Matties

gazpep

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matties,

Your among the select few who have had success ( in aquarium lifespan terms ) of this coral. Most die within 6 months, some get to around a year but not many beyond that from what I've read.

Could you fill us in on your setup ?. Is your tank skimmed, what specific things do you do with regards to the Goni ?. This info may shed a little more light on what conditions this coral favours.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: