A

Anonymous

Be careful not to exceed the recommended dosages. B-Ionic will raise the alkalinity and if used excessively will precipitate out and seven solidify any aragonite used in the tank. Best bet is to add smaller (recommended)dosages every day rather than larger doses once/twice a week. If alkalinity remains a problem you can use more of part 1 which is the buffer part of the mix.

A

Anonymous

Still Reefs

I have used B-Ionic for about two years and found it worked great if I did not add other additives. When I drip kalk and B-Ionic my alk drops from 3.6 to 2.8. Through the board and much reading I found out that too much calcium will do this. If your alk is low I would try the following.Use 1ml for every 2 gallons of water everyday of part one, check the alk about 6 hrs later. Continue this until your alk comes up. I currently use a formula of 1 ml for every 2 gallons of water parts 1 and 2 daily and have had the best success growing thick coralline algae in three reefs. It is expensive but when I have tried to mix other additives I have problems.(I am sure it is me). One last thing, a fellow member mentioned that it has a tendency to raise salinity when used in large volumes. Well it does, so go easy

Good Luck
Andy

------------------

A

Anonymous

Hey everyone,

I was hoping you all could help me out with a little problem... I have a 29 gallon tank that is FULL of SPS corals. I used to use SeaChem's Reef Builder in all make up water and Reef Calcium liquid daily. This method maintained Alkalinity at 3.6-3.8 meq/L and Calcium of about 350 mg/L all the corals did fine and grew well. I decided to try out the ESV B-Ionic instead of the powder and liquid routine. The bottle says not to use more than 1mL per gallon per day, I started with a dose of 14mL per day to the 29 gallon tank (no sump). This caused my Alkalinity to drop to 1.8-2.0meq/L and 250mg/L CA. My corals have not been happy to say the least. I then increased the dosage to 25mL per day and the Alk problem didn't really improve. How long should this take to balance out? Have any of you used MORE than the recommended max dose? I definetely need help with this and any other suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

------------------
Sean Bradley
Photographer : Still Reefs Photographic Productions

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: