Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey guys,

My blue tortuosa is peeling, I am not sure what is causing it. I had a power head blowing at it, and wasn't sure if the excessive flow was causing it to peel. Don't think it is RTN, because if it was, it would be gone by now. Any ideas?

Rebels23

S

stealyourhouse

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If you had the power head pointed directly at it, I would think that would do it. You should never point powerheads at corals - they can do a lot of damage.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Ray,
A powerhead could do it. Did you make any changes to your reef lately (lighting, water change etc...)Are any other corals acting weird?

I would run some carbon and a polyfilter.
IMO torts are pretty hardy compared to other acros so if nothing else is giving you problems my money would be on the powerhead

later,
Rich

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Rich,

Yea, it turned out to be the powerhead. Once I pointed it away a bit, the color came back from white, and it stopped peeling. The peeled part actually started growing algae on it, but now the color has actually grown back in.

The funny thing is, the part that grew back in, is totally a different color from the rest of the tort. The rest of the tort is a light kind of blue. The part that is growing back in is a nice deep blue. Weird......

Rebels23

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: