taat2d

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Ok I have a 65gal tank. Setup with LPS, Zoo's, Softie's, and 2 Monti Digi frags, and a Monti cap frag. I am using 2 6025 Tunze Nano's. I am thinking of adding another one, and was wondering if putting them on a wavemaker would be a good idea to get changing water flows. I am asking this because I know the TUnze's kinda have a flow that is always exact I was just wondering if a wavebox COULD be used with them and if it's going to be a benefit to my tank.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Do you mean using the Tunze wavebox? If so, I think it's too expensive, because a RKII plus your power head can generate some what similar effects. With proper DIY you can actually create the same. A Tunze Wave maker with one box/powerhead is ~500 RKII is like $280.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
So they're saying they can be put on a wave maker but ONLY if there's a 15 minute off time? What's the point in that?

:tired: There is no point. They were not made to be used on wavemakers :smash:
However, if someone insisted on doing so anyway, the apparent recommendation is 15 minutes.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The Tunze's propeller sometimes operates in reverse if it constantly gets disconnected.

sometimes is the understatement of the year. :)..when i unplug my nano to clean it...i'd say it starts up the correct way about 50% of the time. I can't imagine trying to use these on a timer.

tripstank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Awesome I just bought 2 thinking I could use them on a "wavemaker" or timer...... Oh well..... I guess 2 - 6025s running constantly in my soon to be 20l won't be a big deal.

taat2d

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The flow from them is pretty sporadic the way they are. Just would have been real nice if they could've been put on a wavemaker. I think it would've made them even better.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: