chrisl1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a beatiful 120 gallon reef ready tank. (notice I said REEF READY, it's still empty :( )

I have been searching high and low on the net and lfs for good prices and advice. I'm in NJ (but born in NY, so a NY'r at heart!) So far I have the tank, as mentioned 120 gal reef ready, 4x96 power compacts (coral sea life mfg.) supreme mag drive sump pump mag 18, Red Sea berlin classic skimmer (sump) Power sweep 228 power heads (2) and a titanium 300 w heater. ***Notice the missing sump?** Here is where the problem lies, I have 50-50 split, some say get a pre made sump , ie.berlin bs2 or sump 150 or do I get a plain old 30 or 40 g breeder and go that route. going with the tank I will have nothing seperating the skimmer space and really no mechanical filtration besides the skimmer. Any advice?

Now onto the pricing part of this, who is a reliable source to buy LR from at a good price, I have seen pre cured from dr Mac for $2.99 + delivery. Myself and a friend who has a 125 will be needing lots of good stuff to stock our reef's with. Also need Sand. so any help???

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
I would say DIY (do it yourself) if you can. I agree with Rev, though, if you can afford it, you should get it custom made or buy one factory.

. . . . or you can get a 50 gallon and buy the partitions yourself (LFS or petwarehouse or other), bring the tank to a local glass shop and have them drill the side and do the pump externally. Not that complicated as DIY's go.

If I had your tank (and boy would I love that) I would JBJ sells nice clip on PC lighting for relatively cheap (like 50 bucks for 32w) that you can use for the refuge part of the sump.

Hope this helps

House

chrisl1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say thanks for the input, Im hoping to have it set up and plumbed for this weekend.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: