waymack97

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on last thursday i ordered 4 frags from ultimatefrags, real nice looking frags. rommell send it out next day through dhl for saturday delivery. i was glued to the cpu watching the progress on my new frags. they never came. until today at 5:30pm. a very stinky box with very dead frags :( .dang you dhl. they said there del guy did not come in, whatever. i am very upset with dhl but i am very happy with rommell and ultimate frags. he has stayed in contact with me the whole time and replaced the corals we lost, no question asked. and is in process of sending replacements as we speake. a great guy and great over and beyond service. the dead corals were cats paw, acros, favias, deep red sun polps, and a free frag he sent with my order. thanks again for your great service.

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not surprising. Rommel's a great guy to deal with. He'll definitely take care of you. Hopefully, he'll be able to recover something from DHL. The refund & insurance coverage is tricky when it comes to FedEx and UPS. I wonder how it's handled by DHL.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happened with Fedex for me. It seems sometimes the dispatch stations don't bother reading the Saturday Delivery notice :?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I always request my frags be sent "hold for customer pick-up". Both Fed-ex and UPS in my area allow this. Don't know about DHL.

I hate the idea of my frags being out for delivery for hours and hours when I know I can pick them first thing in the AM. That delivery truck is the worst part of the journey for live stock. Avoid it if at all possible.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah whenever I've ordered just about anything "fragile" (ie alive) I've had UPS/FedEx hold for pickup, (simply ask the person who's shipping to request that). Stuff is there at 9am and I get it then, because for whatever reason the UPS guy either comes in that 10 minute window I'm gone because there is no food in the house or they come at 5:30pm or something "late".

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
waymack wrote:

thats really good idea. how do you go about doing that? it is hard to talk to a human with ups.

You have to ask the vendor if he can ship "hold for customer pickup". You'll have tell him which Fed-ex or UPS facility to ship to. And you'll need to verify that that facility allows customer pickup. Fed-ex and UPS websites do show that information.

Fed-ex is the best. Their automated system will even call your cell phone when your package it ready to pick up. I don't wait for that call though. I know my local fed-ex office always has the packages ready for pick-up at 9:00AM. I am usually there then.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
waymack97":3d5yx6gs said:
thats really good idea. how do you go about doing that? it is hard to talk to a human with ups.

Last time I ordered live rock from premium aquatics they just had me put in the address of my local ups station as the "send to" address, and my phone number. It worked out great.

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I find funny is that FedEx, UPS, and DHL don't mind asking you if you want to insure the item for it's declared value when you submit it, but not tell you that the coverage is null and void if you packaged it yourself :roll: :twisted: :lol:

Sue Truett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had good service from dhl... fedex is like 2 minutes from me and when I have frags coming I always request priority just so nothing sits on a truck all day. Fedex is always here by 8:30am. thanks for posting this so I know not to ask about them.....

Glad to hear Rommel is taking such great care of his customers, I wouldn't expect anything less...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: