SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've started spot feeding oyster eggs to my corals and clams... It seems everythig LOVES this stuff.. and they should for almost $30 food! What doesnt like oyster eggs???????

b

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been considering getting this stuff for my SPS. I heard the micron size of oyster eggs were too big for clams.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what study you want to hold up. Some say to big, others say up to 250ul.

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clams definitly inhale the stuff. The inhalent syphon widens and you can see them sucking it in.

My SPSs also chomp on the stuff. You have to look REALLLY close.. but the polyps will contract once they come in contact with the stuff.

B

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clams will take in whatever pieces are in the path of the inhalant siphon. Whatever isnt' the right size or content, is separated in the system and expelled.

I hear the SPS love it, though.

jumpincactus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you get oyster eggs? And is this a target feeding scenario or just turn off pumps and let the things into the water column?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unarce":b26t3fjv said:
Clams will take in whatever pieces are in the path of the inhalant siphon. Whatever isnt' the right size or content, is separated in the system and expelled.

I hear the SPS love it, though.

Or it clogs their gills ;)

Which product for SPS you ask, Roti-Feast. The larger rotifers will feed larger polyp'd sps, while the juvis and eggs will feed the small polyp'd sps.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grashem wrote:

Which product for SPS you ask, Roti-Feast.

Is there any way to buy a larger container of Roti-Feast than the 16 oz size? My tank is 300G, so I should be dosing about an once a day. A 16 once bottle would last 16 days. At $40 per bottle, that's a little to rich for my blood.

I tried Roti-Feast and did like it.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We sell live culture for $125 for 5 million, or a concentrate of that quantity for $20. Growing billions of rotifers isn't cheap, both in man hours, and in algae. We offer a 16oz, and have no plans on going any larger at the time. At 16 onces, you recieve 14 million rotifers, that's a heck of a lot of rotifers. Currently, all our rotifer production is going to Mote for their baby fish. Roti-Feast production is on hold until they're up and going again.

If and when we do go larger, I'll PM you :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10-4 Gresham.

Maybe I should read up on culturing rotifiers for myself to save some bucks.

Louey

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: