SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what causes my overflow to run higher than it normally would. It is almost to water level now, but isnt overflowing.....so what made it rise? Is the drain stopped up or somthing???

B

GSchiemer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, either the drain has become partially clogged (most likely) or you're running more water into the box. Can't be anything else.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had the same issue and I pulled mine and cleaned it with a baby bottle cleaning brush and my camel bak cleaning brush. Lots and lots of hair algae was at the apex of the loop and thus causing the slow rate. I also kept my mangrove plant in the overflow box but the roots were going up the drain as well so I had to move it as well. Now the flow is back to normal.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ranger said. If that U tube gets algae in it, it causes friction and slows the water.

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the only place that could clog would be the end of the duroso stand pipe.

other than that its strait down into the sump.

b

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just because it is straight does not mean that you could not get crud accumulating on the sides.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of overflow are you using? I am using the lifereef with the U shaped cyphon from tank to box. It gets algae in the top of that u shaped tube going from tank to overflow box. My stand pipe has not been clogged thus far.

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my overflow is glass.. center tank. overflow.. nothing fancy.. drain = 1.5 inches strait down into sump.

i fixed the issue.

a feeding syringe was stuck in my stand pipe..

haha duh.

b

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thing your not a surgeon. :lol: Some poor person would have a syringe stuck in their pipes. 8O

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thing your not a surgeon. :lol: Some poor person would have a syringe stuck in their pipes. 8O

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SnowManSnow":3j4lj0jk said:
my overflow is glass.. center tank. overflow.. nothing fancy.. drain = 1.5 inches strait down into sump.

i fixed the issue.

a feeding syringe was stuck in my stand pipe..

haha duh.

b

Oops.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: